Dental Veneers in Statesboro, GA
A veneer is a tooth-colored shell cemented to a tooth’s front surface to improve its appearance. Veneers in Statesboro, GA, are mainly made of porcelain and sometimes composite resin. If you’re struggling with cosmetic issues, our dentist in Statesboro, GA, may recommend veneers as a means of transforming your smile.
It takes two to three visits to complete your smile transformation with veneers near you. Once applied, veneers have an impressive lifespan of up to 15 years. They can last even longer if you practice correct dental hygiene.
For more information about veneers in Statesboro, GA, please call Ronald A. Tosto DDS & Associates to schedule your consultation with our dentist near you.
Reasons for Veneers
Veneers mask dental imperfections of numerous kinds. Dr. Ronald Tosto may recommend dental veneers for any of these reasons:
- To revamp discolored teeth, especially where we cannot fix the discoloration via teeth whitening.
- To restore worn teeth.
- To close gaps between teeth.
- To repair chipped, broken, or cracked teeth.
- To restore misaligned, misshapen, and uneven teeth.
How Are Veneers Applied?
Traditional veneers require two to three trips to the dentist. In contrast, we can install no-prep veneers within a single visit. No-prep veneers near you are thinner than conventional veneers and require minimal to no tooth trimming. Since they’re thinner, no-prep veneers may not work for every case.
Here’s what to expect when getting conventional veneers in Statesboro:
- Dr. Tosto examines your teeth to determine suitability for veneers. The dentist will likely obtain dental x-rays to aid in treatment planning at this stage.
- If you’re a good fit for veneers, our dentist in Statesboro, schedules your tooth preparation appointment.
- Our dentist begins by numbing the teeth to prepare your teeth for veneers. Next, the dentist shaves off tooth enamel equivalent to the veneers’ thickness.
- After reshaping your teeth, Dr. Tosto obtains your dental impressions and sends these to the dental lab.
- The dental lab creates your custom porcelain veneers.
- In the meantime, our dentist near you covers your trimmed teeth using temporary veneers.
- On your final appointment, our dentist in Statesboro, GA, removes the temporary restorations and then cements the permanent porcelain veneers in place.
Are you ready to experience a life-changing smile makeover? Reach out to Ronald A. Tosto DDS & Associates today to learn more about dental veneers near you.